Strategic planning for smart city and sustainability projects to achieve climate, mobility, adaptation, and equity goals
Nutter Consulting provides strategic plan development for clients on programs of varying scopes, from comprehensive plans to targeted projects addressing focused topics, including climate mitigation, climate adaptation, water conservation, energy efficiency, mobility options and digital access.
To develop a client’s strategic plan, we work directly with city staff to understand their community goals and objectives. By leveraging best practices and case studies from similar successful initiatives around the world and incorporating a local understanding, we are able to propose cross-sector solutions with secondary benefits including economic growth and improved equity.
We distill strategies and technical specifications into language that can be easily understood by public officials at every level of governance and by private citizens. Making this information accessible helps to empower both technical and non-technical city staff and policymakers with the information they need to act.
Our process typically employs the following steps:
1. Coordinate with City and/or County staff to understand challenges and capacity, and providing recommendations that meet organizational needs of staff
2. Analyze existing City and/or County goals to understand priorities
3. Research best practices and case studies to identify opportunities
4. Develop key strategies or an action framework with feedback from City and/or County staff to ensure projects fit need and are feasible
5. Create and write final deliverables for City and/or County use, including reports, white papers, and presentations